Little Known Car Insurance Discounts You May Be Eligible To Receive
Sure, most people know about the good driving discount many car insurance companies offer or the discount for bundling more than one type of policy together. However, there are many car insurance discounts that some people simply do not know even exist. Some insurance companies will advertise these little-known cost savers, while others may keep it under wraps unless specifically asked about the discount. Here are some less publicised discounts that you should ask your car insurance carrier about.
1. Military or former service member discount. Some car insurance companies will even extend this discount to immediate family members as a way to thank a family for their service.
2. Mileage discount. Some automobile insurers will offer discounted rates to those who drive only short distances daily. Determine how many miles you drive on average per week, per month or per year and see if your Youi car insurance nz company would offer you a discount based on your usage.
3. Good student discount/Secondary education discount. Many carriers offer younger drivers a good student discount if they are on the honour roll or have a certain minimum grade point average. Other automobile insurance companies will offer discounted rates to other individuals with graduate or advance professional degrees. Also, membership in a number of nationwide fraternities or sororities can provide yet another discount.
4. Paid in full discount. Not all companies offer this, but some carriers will offer you a discount (sometimes up to 10%) if you are able to pay your insurance premium in full or agree to a lesser number of monthly payments.
5. Automatic payments. Check with your car insurance carrier to see if they will offer you an additional discount if you have your monthly insurance premium automatically withdrawn from your bank account each month.
6. New car discount. Some companies will offer you a car insurance discount if you purchase a brand new vehicle. It may only apply to the year in which the vehicle was purchased, but some other car insurance companies will offer the ‘new car’ discount for the first 2-3 years.
If you are looking to save money on your car insurance, be sure to take the time to make a quick call to your insurance carrier to see if you qualify for any of these great savings. Who doesn’t like to save money, right?